Job Title – Business Development Manager (SME)
Job Location – London and the South East
Salary – £30k – £35k basic with a £60k OTE
The Business Development Manager position is an integral part of the sales team driving the growth of the SME sector.
Our client is a global leader in car and van hire and have over 3800 worldwide stores. They have over 60 years of experience in the industry.
The business has developed a range of products suitable for the needs of Small to Medium sized businesses (SME) and through your proactive approach you will identify companies with a rental requirement, create interest in their service offering and deliver its value.
Reporting to the National Sales Manager, working in a professional fast paced environment the Business Development Manager will be responsible forgenerating new sales within their geographical territory and evolving them into long term profitable relationships.
This is a vital and demanding role within the business and calls for a high energy, sales orientated and ‘hungry’ individual.
The role is split 90/10 between new business and account management.
You will work with the company station network and SME Telesales to increase the quality and volume of leads and identify field based opportunities.
- Develop and implement a territory new business sales plan
- Identify and self-generate new leads and opportunities
- Have a clear understanding of the company portfolio of products and be able to align and communicate the features and benefits of each
- Plan daily activity to ensure focus on sales and KPI targets
- Ensure activity is recorded accurately on all accounts and prospects via Salesforce (CRM)
- Ensure written and verbal customer communication is accurate, professional and timely
- Excellent new business sales skills, able to self-generate opportunities
- A strong communicator, able to objection handle, negotiate and close decision makers
- Customer focused with solid experience in B2B sales
- Proven track record of target achievement in recent role
- Works well under pressure.
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to build rapport at all levels
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and CRM systems
- Ambitious and target driven
- Positive, energetic, and self-motivated with the drive to seize opportunity